New Synagogue

New Synagogue, Illustrated Times 1855

Founded in 1761 in Leadenhall Street, the congregation moved to Great St Helens, Bishopsgate Street in 1837 until 1911.


Records available on Synagogue Scribes:

NSB : NEW SYNAGOGUE BIRTH RECORDS 1771 – 1864

NSM : NEW SYNAGOGUE MARRIAGE RECORDS 1791 – 1823 & 1837 – 1842

Information available on Cemetery Scribes : Cemetery histories, cemetery photos, tombstone photos, inscriptions and mini family trees for:

Brady Street Jewish Cemetery


Sub-Committee – 1843

Louis LUCAS
Philip PHILLIPS
Lawrence MYERS
Michael Moses SALOMONS
Edward Isaac SYDNEY
Philip SALOMONS

General Committee – 1851

Philip SALOMONS (Warden)
Philip PHILLIPS (Warden)
Moses LEVY (Treasurer)
Abraham JACOBS (Overseer of the poor)
Abraham HARRIS
Louis LUCAS
Jacob LYONS
Moss LYONS
Lawrence MYERS
David SALOMONS, Alderman M.P.
Michael Moses SALOMONS
Aaron COHEN
Jacob MEYER
Lewis RAPHAEL
Lawrence LEVY
Joel PHILLIPS
A. BAUMANN
L. BRAUN
Aaron COEHN
Samuel COHEN
Coleman DEFRIES
Elias ISAACS
John JONES
Alexander LEVY
Lewis LEVY
Nathaniel LEVY
Barnard MARKS
Emanuel MOSS
Barnet PHILLIPS
Philip S PHILLIPS
George SIMMONS
M. G. SIMMONS
Josiah SOLOMONS
Edward Isaac SYDNEY
Source: Laws of The New Synagogue, Great St. Helens London 1851
Share

Record Collections

Copyright

© SynagogueScribes sites SynagogueScribes.co.uk, SynagogueScribes.com and SynagogueScribes Blog 2012.

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from these sites and/or blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to SynagogueScribes.com, SynagogueScribes.co.uk and SynagogueScribes Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

See Terms of Use for more information.